We are engaged in strengthening corporate governance with an eye on boosting corporate value over the medium to long term.
Basic Policies on Corporate Governance
While emphasizing initiatives to achieve sustainable corporate growth and a medium-to-long-term improvement in corporate value, Mitsubishi UFJ Lease & Finance recognizes that it has a social responsibility to ensure transparent and sound management. Respecting the rights and interests of all stakeholders - shareholders and investors, customers, local communities, and employees - we work to meet the trust they place in us, aspiring to contribute to a more prosperous society. To this end, we engage in continuous initiatives to enhance corporate governance by boosting the activity of the Board of Directors, reinforcing the Audit & Supervisory Board and the internal audit system, and improving investor relations (IR) and related functions.
Outside Directors and Outside Auditors
5 out of 11 of our Directors are outside Directors and 4 out of 7 of our Auditors are outside Auditors. We use the knowledge, experience and insight of our outside Directors across various fields to ensure appropriate decision making by the Board of Directors and the effective supervision of management as a whole.
Also, the auditory regime we are building based on the neutrality and objectivity of our outside Auditors is contributing to our efforts to ensure sound management.
Organization of Corporate Governance
Corporate Governance Report
General Policy Regarding the Prevention of Money Laundering and Financing of Terrorism
We, Mitsubishi UFJ Lease & Finance Group (hereinafter referred to as "MUL Group") shall endeavor to strengthen the management for the prevention of money laundering and financing of terrorism (hereinafter referred to as "ML/FT").
- MUL Group shall comply with all applicable Laws and Regulations related to the prevention of ML/FT.
- MUL Group shall respond adequately to sanctioned persons designated by the UN Security Council Resolution, OFAC, etc. in accordance with applicable Laws and Regulations.
- MUL Group shall conduct Customer Due Diligence including Customer Identification and Verification in accordance with applicable Laws and Regulations.
- MUL Group shall monitor customer transactions continuously, and shall file any necessary reports to competent Authorities in the event where transactions suspicious of ML/FT are detected.
- MUL Group shall establish and operate training programs continuously for the purpose of maintaining and improving the awareness and competency of employees regarding the prevention of ML/FT.
- MUL Group shall be subject to internal audit to ensure the sound operation of the overall program for the prevention of ML/FT (AML/CFT Program).